Sunday 22 September 2013

Review: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish- Soft and Gentle


Today, obviously a post about the MAC MSF in soft and gentle, a very famous product in the beauty blogging world.

But this review is going to be different to a lot of reviews you have seen on this product. In all honestly, I was quite dissapointed with this product, everyone raves about how beautiful it is on the skin and the only bad thing I've ever heard about it is that you should go light handed and apply it carefully otherwise it can look quite intense.


I decided to buy it because I felt that there was something missing from my makeup routine, that being, a highlighter  and probably quite a stupid move, but started at the top and went for one of the most expensive highlighters on my list, but I did my research and everyone led me to believe that I wouldn't regret my purchase.



But, I seem to have this bad luck with products that I research before I buy, I will do so much research on a product before I buy it, you know, to make sure it's worth buying, and more times than you would think, I get dissapointed, L'Oreal voluminous or Rimmel wake me up foundation, just to name a couple, and as you know, wake me up is very famous and loved by so many, but, alas, just didn't work for me.

So I bought it and rushed to try it out when it arrived, but I was sadly dissapointed when I put it on, nothing happened, I applied it more heavily with a buffing brush, still, not really much happening. It's only really in certain lights that I can see there is something there and it's nothing special, just little bits of glitter on the cheek bones.

The only place I really like to apply it is the inner corner sometimes and it brightens the eyes up nicely, but on the face it just doesn't work.

( a heavier swatch and lighter swatch)

Now as you can see, when swatched, it is a very pretty, but glittery product and you would think it looks nice on the skin too, but for me it just doesn't cut it as a highlighter.
Don't let this post completely discourage you from buying this product, it works for so many people and just didn't happen to work for me.

Next I think I'm going to go for something a little cheaper, maybe the mary lou-manizer, another product that is loved by many, so fingers crossed.

See you next week
Goodbye x

No comments:

Post a Comment