Sunday 15 September 2013

Hair care routine


Hi everyone

So during my childhood, like most people my hair was fairly tame and in decent condition.
But as I got older and started playing around with products and heat styling it obviously took its toll on my hair and it started to become frizzy and dry.

My hair was a dirty/mousy blonde colour and I now dye it with henna, so it's a gingery brown sort of colour. So anyway, I have never used chemicals on it and I try not to use too much heat on it, i mainly use it on my fringe and any pesky face framing bits.

I am very inconsistent with my hair, once I finish a conditioner or deep conditioner I start looking for a new one.
But at the moment I am using all Charles Worthington, which is strange for me because I rarely ever use corresponding shampoo and conditioner.


At the moment I am using the moisture seal shampoo and conditioner, and they are fairly decent, I'm still undecided as to whether i would repurchase them again, they put a fair bit of moisture back into my hair and make it feel nice.
The conditioner is one of the better ones that I've tried, I may repurchase it somewhere down the line.

I don't wash my hair in the conventional way, I always wash it in the evening too.
So when I shampoo, I wash the roots and then let the shampoo briefly get to the lengths and ends when i rinse it out.
I then use maybe an egg sized amount of conditioner on my ends and tie it on top on my head.
I then wash my body and do any other things that need doing and then get out without washing it out still.
I moisturize my body and get dressed and then I rinse the conditioner out over the shower with the water on the coldest setting.
  I then throw it up into a jersey t-shirt because a t-shirt is much less harsh on the hair than a towel.

The next morning I brush it out with my tangle teezer-which I personally don't see why there was so much hype around it, it just seems like a normal brush to me, but I probably will buy a new one when mine becomes a bit worse for wear-and sometimes will spray in some of the healthy sexy hair soy tri-wheat leave in conditioner, which is okay, I probably won't be repurchasing it though.

For a deep treatment I am using the Charles Worthington strength and repair masque, which is ok, once it's finished I'm probably going to move on to something different again.


It has a very thick consistency and has almost glittery flexes in, which I can only assume is to give shine.

The treatment I used before this was the infamous macadamia deep repair masque, which was very lovely, gives instant results and I will most definitely be repurchasing it...once I get a job..
(stay tuned for a review on that)

 Also I've been using my tresemme liquid gold hair oil recently too, I didn't use it much when I first bought it, but I've noticed it working better with my recently updated routine.


That's all for now, see you next week

Goodbye x


No comments:

Post a Comment